Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone froze with text message on top of screen, iphone i…

My iPhone froze with...

My iPhone froze with text message on top of screen

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Iphone i think 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

For an hour- open phone text was on top -tried to shut it off but text was blocking it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Couldn't turn off phone

11/5/2017
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. On your iPhone 7, please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Volume Down button together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

- (Note: If you have iPhone 6 or older, then you press and hold both the Power and Home button (which is located right below the screen) instead.)

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Does it do anything when you keep holding those two buttons on your iPhone for a long time, like for about 12 seconds?

How is it going?

What's showing on your iPhone's screen now?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech