Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Imovie, my project, the film became larger and is cutting…

Customer Question
imovie, my project, the...

imovie, my project, the film became larger and is cutting off images

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No, was editing and came back to it after watching a half dozen times, came back to it and noticed my clips were much larger, close up and cutting off

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything else

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
11/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 3 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

iMovie will make projects at either a 16:9 aspect ratio or at a 4:3 aspect ratio.

It assumes you want a movie that will display correctly on a TV.

-

After dragging a clip into your project, you can use the Crop, Rotate Tool on the middle toolbar to adjust the cropping.

FIT will display your entire frame, and letterbox (add black space) to make it fill the aspect ratio.

CROP will cut off the top, bottom, or sides to make it fit the aspect ratio without any letterboxing. In your case, choose Fit.

If you want to make FIT the default action for future clips you add, you should go to File/Project Properties and set it there as the default to avoid any cutting off.

Pete, Computer Engineer