Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just transferred a lot of photos in iPhoto in the section…

Customer Question
Thanks. I just...

Thanks. I just transferred a lot of photos in iPhoto in the section that retains 12 months of photos, from that album to a new one where hopefully they wouldn't reach 12 months and disappear. Then I checked the new album and there was nothing there. Is there a "save" move to retain them in the new album, without the 12-month limit for storage?

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

I need to remember. I think Maverick.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I think some, but not up to date.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I haven't tried any. I just thought it was maybe simple, like to transfer the photos and click something to retain them in the new place.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really. I just moved quite a lot of photos and they disappeared. Now I am retrieving them from trash.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mac
10/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 9 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Do you need to know the OS for sure that I have installed?
I guess the answer to my question is "no". Thank you.

Chill. I am helping others as well as you. I will have an answer for you shortly.

Is this an iPhoto smart album?

I thought you asked If I wanted you to come into my computer to fix the problem, and my answer was no. I was not impatient or needing to "chill". I just have so much to do tonight and was frustrated be the disappearing pictures I tried to transfer to keep them frm disappearing.

Is this an iPhoto smart album?

I just want to get back to the other things I need to do. I have to revise a presentation for my sister's funeral which is very soon. Please let me go.

Do you want help or no? I asked you a question. Also no one is holding you.

Is this an iPhoto smart album?

I have no idea. I am exhausted from poor sleep thinking about a death and I would like to go. Thank you

Bye