Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Its has an activation lock. IPhone 6s. My iPhone was stolen

Customer Question
its has an activation lock JA...
its has an activation lock
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: iPhone 6s
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: my iPhone was stolen when I got it back it was locked and I cant figure out my password
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I put all my info in when well we start
10/27/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Mac Druid replied 1 month ago
John T. F., Mac Druid

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

The password ***** activation lock, should be your normal iCloud password. If you've forgotten this password, you'll need to reset it. First, however, our the iPhone completely off or this may not work.

Press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the iPhone completely shuts off

Your Apple iCloud ID is normally your email address. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Email authentication followed by Next.

Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

Once you have the ID and password, restart your iPhone and sign in.

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. When we are finished, please give my answers a positive rating so I will be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

John T. F., Mac Druid