Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My new iPhone 8s has been updating iCloud settings for over

an hour. Is that...
My new iPhone 8s has been updating iCloud settings for over an hour. Is that expected?
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?
Customer: 11.0.3
JA: When did you purchase your iPhone? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Today and nothing yet.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/26/2017
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. It should not take that long. It looks like it's a glitch. Please try the following steps quickly:

1. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
  2. Then press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
  3. Then press and keep holding the Power button for about 11 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release.
  4. Then wait a bit, and see if you can use your iPhone 8 now.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you, ***** *****
When I set up my new phone the photos stored in the cloud didn’t transfer. Do you know why?

You're welcome. Great. Is iCloud enabled / signed in on your iPhone 8?

Do you see your photos at the icloud.com website?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I believe iCloud is enabled. How do I find my photos on iCloud.com?

Please sign in your Apple ID account at the website below:

https://www.icloud.com

, then there, click on Photos and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I signed in but I don’t know how to see my photos. It just says photos are on.

After signing in your Apple ID account at the website icloud.com then you should see the icon / option Photos there, and you should see all other services if you use, such as Contacts, Calendars, Mail, Notes, etc.

- If you do not see the option Photos at the icloud.com website, then are you sure you are using the correct Apple ID / correct email address?

- Or are you sure you have photos online in your iCloud (Apple ID) account previously?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do see the photo option at the website. I’d like to start over with set up, is that possible?

Click on the Photos option at the icloud.com website and make sure your photos are there.

- You can enable iCloud on your new iPhone 8s: Open the Settings app icon on your iPhone, then tap on the option iCloud, then sign in your Apple ID account there.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks. How do I take my phone back to the original set up when I first started my new phone?

You're welcome. To take your phone back to the original setup, open Settings, then tap on the Apple profile at the top, then tap on Sign out.

- Then open Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Content and Settings and confirm Erase Now > Erase iPhone.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech