Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My daughters phone is disabled and I need help enabling it.

My daughters phone is disabled...
My daughters phone is disabled and I need help enabling it
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: gmail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: phone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: itunes
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: her phone number is *****
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/21/2017
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Was the passcode forgotten?

What's the model of her iPhone, such as iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 7, etc.?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help; we can schedule a time. Thank you.

iPhone 5s

Thank you. Here is the fix:

1. Open iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPhone to the computer with the USB Cable.
  3. On the iPhone, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 11 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    - Note: You can click on the small circle icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program on the computer in order to see the download progress.

Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times, or so.

- You can also see the video instructions at the website below; it may be easier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_JY750KUmk

- Do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

Thank you. First, do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer? And/or what's the make / model of your computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.

Solution #2:

1. From a working device, such as a computer, or tablet, go to the website below:
    https://www.icloud.com/find
  2. There, sign in with your Apple ID account (by entering the email address associated with her iPhone.)
  3. Then click on the option All Devices at the top, then click on her iPhone device, if shown.
  4. Then if it finds her iPhone, i.e., if it does not show Offline, then click on option Erase... to erase it, and its passcode for now. Next / continue following the instructions there to erase it for now.
  5. Once that is done successfully, then check her iPhone, and follow the on-screen instructions to re-set up her iPhone and if prompted, select the option to restore from iCloud.

- If that does not work, please try:

Solution #2:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
    - Note: You can click on the small circle icon / small down arrow icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program on the computer in order to see the download progress.

- Do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer? If yes, what's the make / model of your computer?

It looks like you are not there. When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further; we can schedule a time. Thank you.

Do you still need help with the iPhone issue?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech