Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Not connecting to the server. Not connecting to the server,

Not connecting to the server JA...
Not connecting to the server
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: not connecting to the server, affects mail on PC and on Iphone
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes, it does the updating so sometimes I see it sometimes I don't, meaning I get a message sometimes after it has updated
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Internet on PC, checked to see if that was the trouble and it showed the connection
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: what just happened ? was chatting with IPhone tech
10/22/2017
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Are you trying to retrieve your email on both your iphone and pc? If so what is your email address and how do you usually get your email on both. Meaning on each device do you visit your email website or do you use a specific app such as outlook on the pc and the default apple mail app on the iphone? Please let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

My phone Email k*********com I use this for certain things. My pc is k*********et. Both are used separately and no outlook just ATT

OK thank you.

1. Let's start on the PC, so you go directly to the ATT/yahoo website to get this email such as this website (click here)

2. And for your me.com email do you go directly to www.icloud.com to get your email?

Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I should tell you this started on my phone

On your computer as we can start there first:

In order to remote assist I just need you to do the following:

1. Click this link -> https://get.teamviewer.com/jonjatech

2. A file will automatically download, when finished downloading, click the file to open

3. Double click the icon inside in order to connect

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can not get on line with the phone and have list you on the pc

Are you able to click the link I sent you on the pc at least?

If you can not no worries but did you try and get your k********t from that link I sent you previously. If you tried already, what happens?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We have bad weather and no elec but I did sign on but I don’t use yahoo/att. Just att. My phone I can text but can not send or open email on my phone

Well bad weather may not help our situation, but if you can text then you should be able to have enough signal to get your email. So on your iphone how do you usually get your sbcglobal.net email when it was working. Which have you changed your password ***** and when was the last time you were able to get your sbcglobal.net on your iphone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t use my phone to get to my att mail I have that on my pc. No I have not changed any passwords.

OK so then on the iphone you only get the k*********@me.com and when you try does it give you an error?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
not connecting to server

are you able to browse the internet right now using safari on the phone? Just want to make sure signal is good. Connecting to server error usually means that there is no signal. I know you can send text, but see if your safari works and let me know. Also, did your mail work fine before the storm/power outage?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can’t browse, I can read the email but can’t answer or go on line with safari. My home pc was good until today, I am looking for a job and normally have about 50 emails now only 3-4

OK try this, and only because you can send text messages this is your only hope. ON your phone go to:

1. Settings
  2. Mail
  3. and make sure "Cellular" data is switched to on. This will allow you to use cell data instead of just wifi which you cant use at the moment.

If you do not have these choices let me know because you can have an older iOS version which I have iOS 11

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cellure was on
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can we reset the phone? Don’t know about you but I am ready to drink!

Yes, that would be nice but you can drink one for me :) but it could be that you are in limited cell signal meaning the carrier will allow text or phone but will stop data like internet and email. In the top left corner of your phone where it shows your carriers name and the signal and will say 3g, 4g, or 1x ....let me know what yours says

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It just shows 3 bars. I live in Kansas City but not rual

Does it show the name of your cell company and then iike 3g, 4g, LTE, or 1x

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No T-Mobile and 3 bars but it is storming would that make a difference

Since you can't browse the internet then I am assuming yes because the internet is what the mail goes to try and check. I would defiantly try and see if it works after the storm. Looks like your just limited right now, especially since the safari internet is not working as well and all your settings we checked are good.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK so now what ? We’re u able to get into the pc?

No, I will not be able to get into the PC if your wifi is not working and you have no power. You don't have wifi or power correct? I thought you mentioned that in a previous post.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast