Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have something called Microsoft Messenger that has popped

Customer Question
up with two little green...
I have something called Microsoft Messenger that has popped up with two little green and blue icons that look like the Pillsbury Doughboy. I cannot get it off my screen and I would like to remove it from my MacBook Pro.
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I have installed the most recent OS and the computer is about five years old.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Whenever I received notice of an update, I install it.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried force quit, shutdown and restart; drag the icon to "Trash"; gone into preferences and deleted all recent sites and under security blocked everything I can, including pop ups.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not wise enough to know all the right questions or the best information to provide to you. Sorry.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
10/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 1 month ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

If you would like I can remote assist into your macbook and take a look and see how to completely remove the Microsoft Messenger app. Let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I thought that I was connecting with the Genius Bar and initial intact through an "Assistant" but ended up on a page asking me for a credit card to post a $5 refundable deposit. I do not want a Free Trial of this site, just a contact with an Apple service professional.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No Thank you.
I will disconnect from your site. Very disappointing.

OK if needed here is our contact information for customer service:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

You can also call 1(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you.

Mike, Mac Medic