Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I can't get the color wheel to go away. Wh. El Capitan. Just

Customer Question
I can't get the...
I can't get the color wheel to go away. Wh
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: El Capitan
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Just checked tonight and it said none were available, I am having trouble typing this as the wheel keeps popping up.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. I had this is trouble ble when it was new but learned to close windows. Have never had this problem like thi. Driving me crazy. What can I do?
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just hope I can get help.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/17/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 1 month ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

If you are currently frozen with the spinning wheel. You can try and force quit the app you think is causing the issue or all the apps. You can try and click the apple and go to "force quit". Then choose the app in the list and click the force quit button. You can repeat these steps for all other apps.

If you are not able to access force quit like that, you can hold in "control" on your keyboard and click the app that may be causing the issue in the dock and choose "force quit" that way. You may need to try this a couple times in a row for it to quit.

If all else fails, you can hold down the power button until your mac turns off, wait 30 sec and turn back on.

After you are able to force quit or force shutdown/restart your mac, then you can see if the spinning wheel comes back. If it does, you can check your computer for malware or any apps that may have gotten installed without you being aware by looking in the apps folder and dragging them to the trash. Some of these apps are usually apps that say they help clean your mac when they really don't. If you are not sure which apps to look for no worries, you can at least download malwarbytes for mac @ https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/. Just go to that site and then download and install and run the scan. If needed I can always remote into your mac and do this for you.

If you do not feel that you have malware or any apps to worry about but you still get the spininng wheel, you can always reinstall your mac's OS by rebooting into recovery mode. The good thing also about recover mode is that you will not loose any of your info when reinstalling the Mac OS. Here is how.

1. Restart your mac
  2. immediately hold down command and R on your keyboard
  3. If done correctly you should get to a main menu
  4. choose "reinstall OS" - don't worry, this does not erase your files/data it just reinstalls the system files and folders.
  5. follow the onscreen instructions which is basically next, next, next

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast