Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My husband and I both have iPhones. Mine an iPhone 6s, his

Customer Question
My husband and I both...
My husband and I both have iPhones. Mine an iPhone 6s, his an iPhone 5s. He did an update the other day, and it asked for the Apple ID. We gave the Apple ID from my iCloud and oh boy! We've been synched ever since. All calls to either of us come to both phones. Today I was able to turn off iCloud on his phone but it keeps asking for the id number. Googling the problem tells me to get him an iCloud account of his own, which I guess I can do, but that's what I'm trying to do now and came to this site for guidance. I have both phones with me now.
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your IPhones?
Customer: IOS 11 something
JA: When did you purchase your IPhones? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've had mine for nearly 2 years and it's with Verizon. His is just over a year old and it's a Straight Talk phone.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: One of the sites I went to said to go to iCloud on the phone that I don't want, and to go to delete. Except delete wasn't under the iCloud on that phone. So I went to my iPhone and under iCloud on my phone, I took off his number. That at least has stopped the duplicate calls.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/16/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 1 month ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

What you do is create an Apple ID via my link below

https://appleid.apple.com/account#!&page=create

Once he has it created, then you can use the new Account on the phone instead of sharing the same one.

Let me know please how you go

Richard, Apple Software Engineer