Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I've acquired a used PC and, because of travel, don't want

Hello, I've acquired a used...
Hello, I've acquired a used PC and, because of travel, don't want to take a chance that there might be illicit or inappropriate content on the computer. I happen to have a new and unused hard drive that is compatible with the original and my question is, "If I replace the hard drive that came with this used computer, does that GUARANTEE that any prior content that might have been on the used computer when it arrived is gone from that computer forever...or must I do something with the RAM or anything else besides replace the hard drive?"Thanks!
10/15/2017
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Yes. Everything is stored on the hard drive and if you replace it, there will be no trace of any old files.

And no need to replace anything else. RAM is a volatile memory, that means everything stored on RAM will be deleted when the computer loses power (i.e turn off). So no worries about that.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, Mac Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks very much!

You're most welcome !

Ashik, Mac Technician