Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My microsoft excel froze with the SWOD. Mac os sierra. A…

Customer Question
My microsoft excel froze...

My microsoft excel froze with the SWOD

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

Mac os sierra

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

A year ago. no

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess not

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/15/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 9 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

If it is frozen or not working, then you need to force quit it. Press Command, Option and Esc keys and this will bring Force Quit. Select Excel and click Force Quit.Then open it again. Does it work ?

If that didn't work, then you need to force turn off your Mac. Press and hold down the Power button of your Mac for 5-10 seconds and it will turn off. Then turn it back on.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

will i lose all of my work?

There is no other way to unfreeze it and no way to save the spreadsheet now. But if the Auto recovery functions is turned on, then Excel will recover and open the document automatically next time you open it after force quitting it. Press Command, Option and Esc keys and this will bring Force Quit. Select Excel, Force quit and open it. Does it open the document ?

it opened and none of my work was saved. crap. how can i avoid this in the future?

I'm really sorry about that. You can set the Auto save options correctly and set it to save the document. In Excel, click on Excel menu and select Preferences. Click Save and set the time there. Also, enable Save backup copy option. That will do it.

Let me know how it goes please