Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Is iPhone storage different from iCoud storage capacity?

10/15/2017
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are two types of storage on iPhone. One is iCloud Storage and the other is device storage (that inbuilt device storage, i.e the one came with iPhone like 16GB, 64GB or 128GB). The device storage can't be upgraded. If it is getting full, then you have to delete unwanted movies, photos, videos, musics etc from your iPhone.

You can upgrade the iCloud storage if your iPhone is asking you to get iCloud storage.

If you are running out of iCloud storage, then you can upgrade the storage from Settings > your name > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Buy Storage Plan

If you are running out of Storage (i.e device storage), then you have to delete unwanted photos, videos, music etc from your iPhone.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please let me know and I will continue to help you.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Even though the phone indicates there is not enough storage how does it know? The message I get says that the phone hasn’t been backed up in 28 weeks.
Then it says why. One of the requirements is that the phone has to be locked. Ever since I downloaded the latest up date I haven’t been able to lock it. Finally how do I check my iCloud account for storage used?

Sounds like it is asking about iCloud. Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage and this will give you idea about the device storage.

To upgrade iCloud storage, go to Settings > your name > iCloud > iCloud Backup and do a backup

Then go back to iCloud, Storage and do a upgrade from there. See here --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201318

Ashik, Mac Technician