Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I backed up my iphone using iTunes on my iphone. I then

Customer Question
I backed up my...

I backed up my iphone using iTunes on my iphone. I then tried, perhaps before the backup was completed, to upgrade my iphone software to ios 11.0.2.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

5s

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The problem is that iTunes does not seem to "recognize" my iphone when it is plugged in; ;and when I reboot my iPhone the screen shows, from bottom up, the connection cord, an arrow the iTunes symbol and support.apple.com/iphone/restore

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

So I can't get to the iPhone any more. If I reboot I get the apple and then the picture I described above. Nothing more. And iTunes doesn't show that the iPhone is connected.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
10/9/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 10 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That screen indicates that the firmware/software of your iPhone is corrupted. This happens if the phone was interrupted during the update. You need to update or restore the iPhone software through iTunes application (from computer). Updating will not delete anything, but restoring will delete everything from the iPhone unfortunately. But we will try to update it without restoring first, so if there is any way to get your date, this will do it.

But if you've backed up your iPhone to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Follow the steps below to update or restore your iPhone from your computer.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer. iTunes will ask you to update or restore your iPhone. Try Update first. This will download the firmware and once it is finished, it will update. If it gives any error, disconnect and reconnect your iPhone. Then hit Update again.

If that didn't work, then repeat the steps again and this time click Restore.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPhone (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.