Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a ios problem. It says ios chrome. I updated after…

Customer Question
I have a ios...

I have a ios problem

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

It says ios chrome

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I updated after the notice that said it crashed

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Called tech support and they want 3450

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

They wanted 450 dollars to fix

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
10/6/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 10 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Don't worry. That is a SCAM message and that is been there for many years. iOS devices are invulnerable to viruses out there. Follow the steps below to remove that message.

Just press the Home button and it will close the message. Then without opening Safari, open Settings app, select Safari. Tap Clear History and Website data button. Press home button to close that screen. That should remove the scam message. You can now open Safari without getting that message.

If you are using Chrome or Firefox app, then just turn on Airplane mode from Settings, open Chrome or Firefox, close that scam page. Then turn Airplane off.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Important : DO NOT pay them or contact them again. If you have provided them any kind of personal information like credit card details, please let me know.