Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Just tried to redeem an iTunes gift card, and during the…

Customer Question
Just tried to redeem...

Just tried to redeem an iTunes gift card, and during the process, there was a glitch, and it stole my money. Now it says that it has been redeemed.

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

To Windows?

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None, I tried to redeem it again, but it says it is already redeemed, but I have no balance.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have done this probably 20 times in the past with no problems. Do I just lose $25.00?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
10/6/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 10 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin.

What do I do?
Well, remote assistance will cost me more than the $25.00 gift card is worth...

Do not select remote access. You will need to contact Apple to resolve this.

iTunes steals my $25.00 and I have to pay $39.00 to get support? Great. Any other ways i can go about this, or is it all about the money?

No silly. I am going to give you the help you want and refund your fee. Pay attention the next time you go to ask for help. If you are going to Apple for help go to Apple and not Justanswer.

1. Open Apple's Report a Problem website and sign in with your Apple ID.
  2. You'll see a list of apps sorted by date of purchase. Use the search box to search for the purchase and click the "Report a Problem" button next to the app.
  3. Select a reason for seeking a refund from the drop-down menu and write your reason in the message box. This can include your not authorising the purchase, or an item not downloading or installing, and more. Click Submit.
  4. Now you'll have to wait. If Apple decides that your grievance is legitimate, you'll get a refund within 48 hours. You'll be contacted via mail on your Apple-registered email id, letting you know whether you are getting a refund or not. Members in our team have gotten refunds in this way.
Guess you aren't going to answer me, so I'll just throw the damn gift card away. Sad support...

I cannot get the link to send.

reportaproblem.apple.com/

There you go. Now stop feeling down and out. You got free information from a paid site. Have a wonderful day and stop being so negative.

Well, Apple support sent your link to me for support. Interesting. OK, I'll try this. I appreciate it.