Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I lost my german iphone on a bike trail, cellulat data is…

Customer Question
I lost my german...

I lost my german iphone on a bike trail, cellulat data is turned off, is it possible to find it?

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Ios and german T-mobile

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No the recent one what showed up 3 days ago not

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Called the phone

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/6/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Chris Lindsey, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey, Computer Hardware Engineer

Good evening, my name is ***** ***** I am your Professional Electronics Technician Expert.

The best way to find your phone is to use the GPS Locate iPhone.

With as per Apple:

1. Sign in to icloud.com/find on a Mac or PC, or use the Find My iPhone app on another iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Find your device. Open Find My iPhone, and select a device to view its location on a map. If the device is nearby, you can have it play a sound to help you or someone nearby find it.
  3. Turn on Lost Mode. Using Lost Mode, you can remotely lock your device with a passcode, display a custom message with your phone number on your missing device's Lock screen, and keep track of your device's location. If you added credit or debit cards to Apple Pay, the ability to make payments using Apple Pay on the device is suspended when you put your device in Lost Mode.
  4. Report your lost or stolen device to local law enforcement. Law enforcement might request the serial number of your device. Find your device serial number.
  5. Erase your device. To prevent anyone else from accessing the data on your missing device, you can erase it remotely. When you erase your device, all of your information (including credit or debit cards for Apple Pay) is deleted from the device, and you won't be able to find it using Find My iPhone. After you erase a device, you can't track it. If you remove the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device.
  6. Report your lost or stolen device to your wireless carrier, so they can disable your account to prevent calls, texts, and data use. Your device might be covered under your wireless carrier plan.

Let me know how your situation goes with your reply back to me.

-Chris L

Good evening. I am following up on your question and would love to continue helping you.

I look forward to your reply/rating.

Chris L