Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have just purchased a MacBook Pro and would like to know…

Customer Question
I have just purchased...

I have just purchased a MacBook Pro and would like to know how I can transfer apps from my mini iPad .

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?

I do not know how to answer that question

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No I have just opened the MacBook for the first time

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this moment

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
10/6/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

OK

When you say that you would "like to know how I can transfer apps from my mini iPad", do you mean because you would like to use the same apps on your macbook, or do you mean just so that you can backup your ipad mini.

I am assuming you mean to backup your ipad mini to your macbook, so in that case, you would just need to plug in your ipad mini to your macbook, open itunes, and backup. Here are the steps: (Also see pic attached to this message)

1. Open iTunes and connect your device to your computer.
  2. If a message asks for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps.
  3. Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod when it appears in iTunes.
  4. If you want to save Health and Activity data from your iOS device or Apple Watch, you need to encrypt your backup: Select the box called Encrypt [ipad] backup and create a memorable password. If you don't need to save your Health and Activity data, you can make a backup that isn't encrypted. Just click Back Up Now.
  5. When the process ends, you can see if the backup finished successfully on the Summary screen in iTunes. Just look under Latest Backup to find the date and time.

Above would help with you question regarding to transfer your ipad apps to your macbook however, you do have another option when it comes to backing up. You can use icloud as long as you have enough space. Here are those instructions just incase:

1. Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
  2. Go to Settings > [your name], and tap iCloud. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings, then scroll down and tap iCloud.
  3. Tap iCloud Backup. If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Backup. Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on.
  4. Tap Back Up Now. Stay connected to your Wi-Fi network until the process completes.
  5. You can check the progress and confirm the backup completed. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Backup. Under Back Up Now, you'll see the date and time of your last backup.

If you want to automatically back up with iCloud Backup:

To let iCloud automatically back up your device each day, here's what you need to do:

• Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on in Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Backup.
  • Connect your device to a power source.
  • Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
  • Make sure that your device's screen is locked.
  • Check that you have enough available space in iCloud for the backup. When you sign in to iCloud, you get 5GB of iCloud storage for free. If you need more iCloud storage, you can buy more from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. Plans start at 50GB for $0.99 (USD) a month. Learn more about prices in your region.

I know that is a lot of info at once, so feel free to ask me questions when needed.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.