Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a brand new IPAD--air---never been used. in the

Customer Question
process of setting it up...
I have a brand new IPAD--air---never been used. in the process of setting it up I got locked out. I created a password & now it won't take it---how do I fix this?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
10/5/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 10 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me look over your question.

ok
are you ready?

I am

ok-lets go
hello?

you will need to restore it. do you have a computer?

macbook pro
I can't tell if you are working with me or not.

plug in your iPad. Turn the iPad off. Turn it back on and hold the home button. It should pop up iTunes and ask you to restore.

the ac cord has a small end that fits into the ipad & a large end that won't fit in the port of the computer

Crap. Do you have a USB C to USB A adapter?

no
actually
no-i have a usb -c charge cable with emarker and power delivery
doesn't fit
are you gone?

I am here. I am helping more than one person.

You will need an adapter to do this.

ok--what adapter and what is the process & why would this happen>I just created the password & went to turn it on again with the exact password---why would this happen?

A USB C to USB A adapter.

I sent you the process.

Not sure why it won't accept your password.

ok--what is the adapter--usd c to usb a?
then what.I love apple products but there is a definite drop off since cook took over--a shame.
this waiting thing is killing me-
can u please respond so I can go get the cord?

This is the adapter.