Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just downloaded the new iOS and my iPhone 6S plus went…

Customer Question
I just downloaded the...

I just downloaded the new iOS and my iPhone 6S plus went bezerz

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

On my iphone, yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Just that one

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

The battery doesn't stop blinking and jumping from 17 left to 10 then to 18.and its being very noisy evrytime it does so

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes the phone was working perfectly before i downloaded the new one a few minutes ago

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
10/5/2017
Mac Support Specialist: tyroneboman, Mac Genius replied 10 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

This could be a glitch in the software and the iPhone needs to reboot, lets try and force a reboot

1. Reset the iPhone by holding the sleep/wake button at the top right of the device and the home button at the bottom center of the face at the same time.
  2. Hold them both until you see the screen go black.
  3. Wait until the white Apple logo appears.
  4. When this happens, you can let go.

The device will reboot.

Then check for normal operation.

If that fails follow these steps next please.

A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage.

1. Back up data on the internal memory.
  2. If Apple FMiP Activation Lock is enabled, you will need access to the internet to complete these steps.
  3. From the Home screen, tap Settings.
  4. Tap General > Reset.
  5. Tap the option(s) to reset:
    • Erase All Content and Settings