Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

We just had an update put on our Ipad and now we cannot get…

Customer Question
Hi, we just had...

Hi, we just had an update put on our Ipad and now we cannot get Safari to come up. Can you help us? John

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Hmmm.... our model number is ***** does that help? Don't know about the operating system.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes. everything worked fine until we installed one yesterday.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Only tried to select Safari, and it comes up with a blank screen.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I don't think so.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
10/4/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 10 months ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

Please, note that you can click Reply to Expert to reply to me. A rating is only needed when we are finished.

After the update was ran for the first time, have you tried soft booting the iPad? Please, press both the power button on the iPad and the Home button (the button on the front of the iPad) ad the same time and keep both buttons depressed until the screen resets (about 10 seconds). After it resets, let go of both keys and allow it to come back up. Once it is back up, test Safari. Does it now work?

Please, update me after the fact.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason