Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac....I've had a cataclysm of disasters this week. Tuesday…

Customer Question
Hi Mac....I've had a...

Hi Mac....I've had a cataclysm of disasters this week. Tuesday my Ipad suddenly was erased ! The message when turned on says "contace iTunes. How do I do that when the device is dead? The name and password ***** does not work.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?

Ooh....I didnt expect you so soon! I was about to say that the very next day my iPhone 8 quit. Let me check my iPad model.....I'm not sure ... It's about 6 years old.... the OS is whatever came with it???? I'm an old person and not very tech savvy. But being without my stuff is making me crazy ! Passwords on my list don't seem to work so my efforts to deal with either one are fruitless. I can't even get in to try and deal with things. I have to go look up my manual to see what model I have. Be back. Jo Walker (old lady)

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

On my desktop, but not on those....except a gin game on my iPhone, I think??? but I do forget stuff.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

That's the problem, I can't get in to either one. My phone, I think it is....says "contact iTunes....but how do you do that when it's dead?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, but don't contact yet....I need to go get my manuals so I can tell what models I have, OK. I'll be back in a minute

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
10/4/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 10 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin.

It sounds like you have more than one question. Please submit a request for each question. Which question would you like this request to be for?