Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a new apple ipad, I have tried without success to…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new apple ipad, I have tried without success to open it but the list of passcodes I have don't work and now my ipad is disabled

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

I don't know, I think it is windows

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have tried pressing the power and the home button together but it still tells me my ipad is disabled

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that I would like to just switch on my ipad without all the passcodes etc

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
10/3/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 10 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Was the passcode forgotten? Please try the following fix:

1. Open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    ; Note: You can click on the small down arrow icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress.

; Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk

- Besides the iPad, do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Do you also have a Windows or Mac computer? If yes, what's the make / model of your computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further; we can schedule a time. Thank you.

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.