Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

On my I phone when I try to forward a picture, from photos…

Customer Question
On my I phone...

On my I phone when I try to forward a picture , from photos either as a message or email I get the following message...unable to share,,ther was an error while preparing to share, please try again later...I ve been trying all day ...same message

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iphone?

Don't know

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iphone? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Its a 6 and all iv done is reboat

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all I know

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
10/3/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Thank you.

So I believe you have an iPhone 6 in which it gives an error message as there was an error while preparing to share, please try again later.

And you have tried turning off and turning on the power and still its the same,Am I right?

Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Alright,let's try doing some troubleshooting here.

1. Go to iCloud-> and make sure Photo Library enabled and Optimize iPhone Storage is checked.
  2. Log out of iCloud then log in back.
  3. At first, you may feel that all your cloud pictures/albums were removed from the phone.
  4. But it may take a few minutes for everything to download again.

Please try after that and let know if that worked.

I'm not using iCloud the pictures in trying to send are in my phones storage
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Yes, I get that but most of the times when we do this the issue can be fixed. Just give it a try.

Where do I find iCloud... the only place I see. Anything about iCloud is in settings and the options you mentioned aren't available
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Please hold let me be back to you with a more clear explanation.

Did all that ... then signed out and even delete all photos from phone then downloaded back onto phone and same issue exsists
What now
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Alright,then lets try doing other troubleshooting.

Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Settings > Click on your name > iCloud > Photos > turn off iCloud Photo Library and turn it on again.

When you turn it off, choose "Remove from iPhone".

That's what I did a while ago
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Okay, that should have worked.

I apologize let me see what else can be done. Please hold.

I appreciate your patience.

Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago