Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have given a Mac Mini to a relative as a gift. In trying…

Customer Question
I have given a...

I have given a Mac Mini to a relative as a gift. In trying to set it up, because they have never had a Mac, they don't have an

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?

This is a Mac Mini with the Sierra operating system, new, and the individuals, since they have not owned a Mac product before, do not have an Apple ID, but when trying to get it working, nothing they enter on the ID line works. The message is that the Apple ID or the password ***** be "verified". Of course, it can't because we are starting at the beginning. I would like to ask how to create the Apple ID and the password ***** get started.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

This is a new unit, not previously used. We are trying to just get it set up to use. So no updates have been installed because the computer is not yet usable. We can't get past the Apple ID line.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None because the computer doesn't do anything yet since it is not officially in use. The set-up isn't functional till we get past the set up screen.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

We just need to be able to get the information into the computer to make it operational.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
10/3/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 10 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

Use my link below to create your Appel ID please

https://appleid.apple.com/account#!&page=create

Once done, use this new Apple ID on the Mac

Let me know please how you go

thank you