Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I completed an ios software update and put in a passcode as…

Customer Question
I completed an ios...

I completed an ios software update and put in a passcode as directed and I am locked out of my phone

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

4 to 6 months iphone 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I was directed to do a software update this afternoon. when I put in the pass code it locked me out of my phone. It will not let me in to do any trouble shooting.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I just need to know what to do to get the phone to open up.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
10/3/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 10 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. What's showing on your iPhone 7's screen now?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

It says enter pass code but when I do it says you are locked out for 50 minutes,

Solution #1:

1. From a working device, such as a computer, or tablet, go to the website below:
    https://www.icloud.com/find
  2. There, sign in with your Apple ID account (using the email address associated with your iPhone.)
  3. Then click on the option All Devices at the top, then click on your iPhone device, if shown.
  4. Then if it finds your iPhone, i.e., if it does not show Offline, then click on option Erase... to erase it, and its passcode for now. Follow the instructions to erase it for now.
  5. Once that is done successfully, then check your iPhone, and follow the on-screen instructions to re-set up your iPhone and if prompted, select the option to restore from iCloud.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try:

1. Open iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPhone 7 to the computer with the USB Cable.
  3. Turn off the iPhone by holding down the Power button on the right side, and then swipe on the screen, and wait until the iPhone is completely turned off with a black screen.
  4. Next, press and hold the Power button on the right side of the iPhone for 3 seconds.
  5. While still holding the Power button, now, also press and hold the Volume Down button on the left side of the iPhone.
  6. Continue holding both the Power button and Volume Down button for 10 seconds.
  7. Then release the Power button, but continue holding the Volume Down button for 5 seconds.
  8. In the iTunes program on the computer, click on option Restore... and confirm / continue once it has detected the iPhone.
    - Note: You can click on the small circle icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program on the computer in order to see the download progress.

Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times, or so.

- You can also see the video instructions at the website below; it may be easier:

https://youtu.be/qCIM6YdcyRE?t=44

- Do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Do you also have a Windows or mac computer? If yes, what's the make / model of your computer?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.