Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I recently had my computer put back to factory reset. I was…

Customer Question
Hi I recently had...

Hi I recently had my computer put back to factory reset. I was having lots of problems. Everything was saved in the cloud. I have retrieved most everything except excel. I can see the doc but can't open it. Can you help

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

Apple desk top ios

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have the doc on my screen but don't know how to open it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
10/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

I think maybe Excel needs to be reinstalled. What happens when you try to double click the document?

Nothing happens I can see the doc just can't make changes or open

Can you right click on it? Can you see "Open With", and hover over it. What is in the list?

It doesn't open and I do not want to pay $39

You don't have to pay the $39 that's optional.

You mean the right click menu doesn't open?

No

That is strange, that is the root of the issue I think.

Can you right click on anything else? What happens if you right click a blank spot on the Desktop for example?

New folder appears with options

Ok, so right click is working, but try right clicking over the document again, what opens?

Nothing happens

Very strange, not even a menu opening.

Where is this document located? Is it on the Desktop, if not where?

It is in my doc

Can you drag it to the Desktop?

I will try hold on

Very strange that you don't get right click menu.

Can you single click on it? Does it get "selected" with a single click?

If you can select it, then click the File menu at the top, click Get Info.

Still there? How did that go?

I will need to sign off. Let me know how it went and if you have any questions. I hope I helped sort the problem.

If I have been of help resolving your issue please take a minute to rate my help, much appreciated!

PS Let me know if you have any follow-up questions at all. Thanks for using Just Answer.

It did not help. Please stop sending mesages