Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Morning my Iphone 6s is disabled I did a back up yesterday&

Customer Question
Morning Mike my Iphone...

Morning Mike my Iphone 6s is disabled I did a back up yesterday& it will not accept my fingerprint or passcode today

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Dont understand the question

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes yesterday

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Rebooting It will not accept my passcode

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thankyou

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
10/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 7 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try:

Solution #1:

1. From a working device, such as a computer, or tablet, go to the website below:
    https://www.icloud.com/find
  2. There, sign in with your Apple ID account (using the email address associated with your iPhone.)
  3. Then click on the option All Devices at the top, then click on your iPhone device, if shown.
  4. Then if it finds your iPhone, i.e., if it does not show Offline, then click on option Erase... to erase it, and its passcode for now.
  5. Once that is done successfully, then check your iPhone, and follow the on-screen instructions to re-set up your iPhone and if prompted, select the option to restore from iCloud.

- If it does not work, please try the first solution above.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try:

1. Open iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPhone to the computer with the USB Cable.
  3. On the iPhone, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 11 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    - Note: You can click on the small circle icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program on the computer in order to see the download progress.

Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times, or so.

- You can also see the video instructions at the website below; it may be easier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_JY750KUmk

- Do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

How is it going?

Do you also have a Windows or Mac computer? If yes, what's the make / model of your computer?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech