Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Over the last month I've been working with an Apple tech…

Customer Question
Over the last month...

Over the last month I've been working with an Apple tech over the phone and on my computer. I paid for Apple care. I was told that the security was taken care of. Two days ago I was having a problem with my printer. I was told the drives needed replacing. I was also told the drives were for security. Now they want an additional 2000.00. This does not seem right to me. Is it to you?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

I have an iMac using Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes whenever I get notice for available updates

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Mostly people on the phone.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I r3eally want to verify the information the tech I worked with is correct.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
10/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

$2000 seems drastic. Are you looking for a more appropriate quote?

I first would like to verify this person. Is that possible?

Not through Just answer.

I can remote into your computer, but that is it.

Fine remote on

It appears that the payment for remote service did not go through. It says the payment failed. Did it tell you the same?

It says payment error but it is correct. If you can, please get on my computer
Yes but I double checked and it is correct. I used it earlier today.

Once it has been approved I will be more than happy to connect.

Once you correct the issue this link will connect us.

Have you fixed the billing info so that you can connect?

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius