Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My phone was connected to computer - iTunes - to restore…

Customer Question
My phone was connected...

My phone was connected to computer - iTunes - to restore phone and re set for corrections. Was disconnected from Apple helper, Jamese or Jamie.... The session ended. My phone is now completely dead. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

My phone is 5S and my computer is a Dell. I use Windows 10. Is that what you want to know?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes. This morning I updated my phone. In the process, the settings app was moved inside another app. Jamie located the Settings app... but then something else was not working correctly so she had me connect to lmy computer.... deleted all on my phone the ITunes did something to re install everything correctly. Nothing was saved to my knowledge.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I simply do not know what to do. I lam 82 yrs old and not knowledgeable about these things like you are.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Can you connect me with Jamie again? I do not know what information is needed.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
10/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

With your phone connected to your computer is it powering on at all?

I plugged my phone in and the screen on my computer said it is preparing to update my phone again. when I tried to move the screen to talk with you, it went away. I have lost it. My phone is doing something .... there is an apple on it... but ...?

Let it go for a bit. Check back in with me when it changes to something else.

Mike, Mac Medic