Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I've lost the sound on my new MacBook Air. Can you help me?

Customer Question
I've lost the sound...

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Air and what operating system are you running?

It is a 2017 and I am running OS 10.13

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not sure. I just updated to OS 10.13

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I tried going into System Preferences and checking Sound.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I also have excessive ads for Mac Cleaner and Flash Player and stuff.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
10/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 10 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Re sound, First reset the System Management Controller of your Mac. Follow the steps below;

Shut down the computer.

Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if not already connected.

On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.

Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.

Press the power button to turn on the computer.

If that didn't work, then reset the PRAM and NVRAM of your Mac. Follow the steps below;

Shut down your Mac

Restart and immediately hold down Command-Option-P-R keys at the same time

Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for two or three times.

Release the keys and let the Mac bootup.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Re ads, they are malware/adware. Somehow your Mac is infected with them. Once we fixed the sound issue, we will remove them.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.