Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am **** **** and I have a question about Activation Lock.

Customer Question
I am **** ****...

I am **** **** and I have a question about Activation Lock

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Ios I think

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No have not at all it is a bout 5 y/o old the ipad

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

It was my dads and he is dead and we can not find anything to hlp us to get on it he was not very good at this stuff

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
10/1/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 10 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

there is no way we can get in so do we just throw the I pad away. I would like to use it but I guess not

It all depends. Can you give me the serial number of the iPad on the back?

were is that

On the back of the iPad.

Do you have a computer you can plug the iPad into? I can help you through the process of restoring the iPad back to factory and get past the activation lock if you do.

Serial: DKVGTO7PDFHW
I CAN

If you use the remote connect option and have a computer to plug the iPad into I can most definitely help you reset the iPad. It looks like you already requested the service. You need to update your credit card information so that I can connect remotely. Can you do that?

it is not working my credit card it is all in there correct just not taking it .
will they do it at the store

Not at an Apple Store. They have protocols that will not allow them to work on a device that has an activation lock unless you can sign in to that account.

my credit card works but not on here

Do you have another card you can use?

no but it does work every where else
do I need to start over
i do think it charge me 35 dollars

It is hard to say. I know in the past banks have marked justanswer as fraud due to the fact that people do not ask for refunds and instead call their bank. Even though we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. You could try to start over and I can refund this communication.

My direct link is https://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macgeniusjustin/ so that you can request again. Let me know if you are so I can refund this set of charges.

i will need a refund and where can i go to a physical play to get this done
it will not work for me this way i need it done another way
i could be on here for hours

I cannot offer a physical location to go to as an Apple Store will not restore it and any Authorized Apple Service Provider will not either. I can either help you here, or I can refund your money. Which would you like?

refund my money

Done deal. I will submit it now. Have a wonderful day!

This has been submitted for refund.