Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My I phone is fully charged and was working when I first…

Customer Question
My I phone is...

My I phone is fully charged and was working when I first awoke, but now , screen is completely locked up on the 'home' screen, but no icons appear, just my photo. Also, sounds work, but home button does not and I have tried several times to shut off phone but to no avail....Help !

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

I believe it is IOS, did an update within the last 2 weeks...

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Probably 10 days ago.....worked briefly this morning, then froze up after i tried tapping on my email icon...

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tried to hold power button down several times .....does not move

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Tried holding home and power button down simultaneously, nothing happens

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
10/1/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 10 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Which model of iPhone is this ?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

First we can reset your iPhone and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.

Note : Power button is the button you use to turn off your iPhone or its screen. Home button is the round button at front bottom.

If this is iPhone 7/8 or 7/8 Plus, then hold down Power and Volume down buttons until it shows Apple logo or for 10 seconds. That will reset it.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Hi there, Just checking. How is it going ?