Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I updated to iOS 11.0.1 and it can't sign in with the

Customer Question
I updated to iOS...

I updated to iOS 11.0.1 and it can't sign in with the AppleID

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

Model A1549

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Purchased this year tried changing ID password ***** PC browser

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
10/1/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
What exactly are you having trouble with?

Did you try to reset the Apple ID?

How long has this been an issue?

I updated to iOS 11.0.1
After reboot, it won't sign in, so I'm stuck
I tried changing the password
Reset - does that mean changing the ID?
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. It appears Moses is not currently available. Reseting your Apple ID means to change the password. From a computer you can do it at appleid.apple.com

Have you tried that?

I reset the password.

If you have you should be able to sign in to appleid.apple.com. I would suggest turning on 2-factor authentication. This should resolve the issues you are having with the activating your phone. Do you have any other Apple devices to do this?

I was able to sign in to appleid.apple.com with my new password, yes. I do not own any other Apple devices. Do I have any other options?
In addition, if I view "devices" at appleid.apple.com, it says I'm signed in on my phone.
I went to a store today to see if they could help, and they got past the screen so I could use the phone even though I still couldn't sign in with my AppleID. The ID problem persisted, but magically cleared up somehow along the way. Thank you for trying. You can close this ticket.

Sounds good! Have a good day!

Can you take the time to rate my service?

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius