Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just purchased the new iphone8 S from the apple store. I…

Customer Question
I just purchased the...

I just purchased the new iphone8 S from the apple store. I had an iphone 6S. The bluetooth on the iphone8 is not recognizing any bluetooth devices around. My old Iphone recognizes the devices, but ofcourse I shut off the AT&T service with the old iphone, so I am kind of stuck with a new iphone that is not picking up any of the bluetooth devices around.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Iphone 6 S 1.5 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just purchased the device an hour ago. I left the store with out fully setting up the device.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just that it can receive phone calls, its just the bluetooth function is not regestering.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
9/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

The bluetooth devices will need to be paired, and the new phone won't see them unless they are in 'pairing mode'.

Another problem might be that they are currently connected with the old phone, or some other device.

They need to be disconnected from other devices before the new phone can see them.

As you mention many different bluetooth devices it could get confusing, so we should start with one.

Can you start with one Bluetooth device, and put it in pairing mode?

If you tell me what device it is I can help you put it in pairing mode.

Let me know if you have any questions.

They still are on my old iPhone. I will try to disconnect them as the devices are probably recognizing the old phone and not the new one. I will try and let you know what happens.

On the old phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn it off.

Then starting with one of the bluetooth devices, put it into 'pairing mode'.

Then when you go to Settings > Bluetooth on the new phone, it will see the device in pairing mode, and you can tap it.

Then it will pair and you can use it. Do the same for the rest of your bluetooth devices.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any questions.

PS Please take a moment to click the star rating to rate my help, many thanks!