Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Actually i have old version safari.5.1.7 I need to upgrade…

Customer Question
Actually i have old...

Actually i have old version safari.5.1.7 I need to upgrade last version. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Thnx

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
9/30/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 10 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Yes, usually this is possible straight from your mac. You can can upgrade safari through the system updates within the app store. However this method depends on what version of Mac OS you are currently running. TO check your current Mac OS version you can do the following:

1. Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen
  2. choose about this mac

Then let me know what version you have.

Assuming from the version of safari you have (5.1.7) that sounds like a pretty old version of MAC OS you are running. I am going to guess around 10.5 or 10.6. If that is the case, you may need to upgrade your Mac OS first before your can upgrade safari to the most recent version.