Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an ipad, tried to down load an app, got the message…

Customer Question
I have an ipad...

I have an ipad, tried to down load an app, got the message that it requires IOS 10.3 or later. tried to up date itunes & ipad says its up to date IOS 5.1.1 what do i do?

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

IOS5.1.1

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I went into settings, general then updated and it said everything was up to date

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

That was all I've done

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It's an ipad 1st generation

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

When did you purchase the iPad?

ok
years and years ago
It hasn't been used for a long time

Okay, the reason you can not update to the latest version of iOS is because the 1st generation iPad only has the hardware capability to have iOS 5.1.1.

In order to get certain apps that require the newest version of iOS you would need to purchase a newer iPad.

Please Rate My Service if my answer was sufficient!
If you have any other questions please let me know, as I always strive for excellent service!!
Thank you!