Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My password does not answer in my computeur. I am trying to…

Customer Question
My password ***** not...

My password ***** not answer in my computeur

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

I am trying to open my computer

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not that I remember

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I turn off my laptop completely and cannot renter my password ***** it is wrong

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No I do not want to change my password

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
9/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Do you have a mac or PC. When you say "my password ***** not answer in my computer" what exactly do you mean by that. But then you say "No I do not want to change my password". Well if this is a mac, then check to make sure the caps lock key is not on and also make sure the shift key is not stuck as you can press it hard a couple times in a row just to be safe. Then try your password ***** If not thing that easy fixes it then you will have to try the following and yes you may need to change or at least reset your password.

Apple includes a tool with macOS or Mac OS X (depending on which version you are using) to replace a Mac's password. This is the best option if you have completely forgotten your password. Follow these steps:

1. Turn off your Mac (choose Apple > Shut Down).
  2. Press the power button while holding down Command-R. The Mac will boot into Recovery mode. When you see the load bar appear you can let go of the keys. It may take a few minutes to load.
  3. Select Disk Utility and press Continue.
  4. Choose Utilities > Terminal.
  5. Enter resetpassword (all one word, lowercase letters) and press Return
  6. Select the volume containing the account (normally this will be your Main hard drive).
  7. Choose the account to change with Select the User Account.
  8. Enter a new password ***** re-enter it into the password *****
  9. Enter a new password ***** related to the password.
  10. Click Save.
  11. A warning will appear that the password ***** changed, but not the Keychain Password. Click OK.
  12. Click Apple > Shut Down.

Now start up the Mac. You can login using the new password.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.