Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I'm pretty sure my contacts have been hacked. I've lost some…

Customer Question
I'm pretty sure my...

I'm pretty sure my contacts have been hacked. I've lost some in the last few minutes.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

MacBook Pro

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes. Yesterday.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

We received what we thought was an email from out photographer and it was suspicious because it was via Wetransfer and Google Drive. I'm concerned that I might have clicked on it and given my password, which I changed a few minutes aftere that. Then I learned that a PC had accessed my account 4 minutes beforehand.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I am sorry this has happened to you. What email service are you using please such Gmail, Yahoo etc..?

gmail. It's not a regular gmail account. I think it's described as Google Apps.
What are you going to fix? I've lost some contacts in my google account.

Using a computer go to : https://contacts.google.com/ Do you all your contacts ?

Please feel free to ignore the offers for Additional Services. They are automatically sent by the website.

Are you working on my account (*****@******.***) or my wife's (*****@******.***)?
That link you sent takes me to my wife's account. I'm tyring to fix mine!

What is the operating system of your computer please (Windows or Mac)?

Please try to restore your contacts by following the steps below :

First logout of your wife's account then login to your account and backup your contacts :

1. Go to : https://www.google.com/contacts/u/0/?cplus=0#contacts
  2. In the top left, click More Export.
  3. Select which contacts to export.
  • "My Contacts" are contacts you created.
  • "All contacts" are contacts you created and Other contacts you’ve emailed.
  1. Select Google CSV format.
  2. Click Export.

Now Restore your contacts :

If you deleted, synced, imported, or merged contacts in the last 30 days, you can undo those changes to retrieve your contacts.

1. Go to https://contacts.google.com/
  2. Click More Undo changes.
  3. Choose a time to go back to.
  4. Click Confirm.

Secure your account using the two steps verification : https://www.google.com/landing/2step/

Let me know the results

Thank you

Has everything worked out? Do you still need help please?