Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I forgot my pass code on my iPad pro. Not sure just got the…

Customer Question
I forgot my...

I forgot my pass code on my iPad pro

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Not sure just got the latest down load from Apple 11.1?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Turning the iPad on and off. Holding the power button and home button to restart.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
9/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 10 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

Is this the 4-6 digit code required to unlock the screen? Or your Apple Id Password ***** activate the iPad?

Please let me know

Thank you

Apple I'd passcode

Thanks

You will have to reset the iPad, there is no other way to remove this.

To do the reset

Connect the iPad to the computer and open itunes

Hold the power and home button down until you see

"iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode..."

Click Restore ipad, let this complete and it should now work

Let me know the results please

Thank you