Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I cannot send emails with Entourage 2008 12.3.6 (on my

Customer Question
I cannot send emails...

I cannot send emails with Entourage 2008 12.3.6 (on my MacBook Pro - MacOS Sierra 10.12.6) although I can still receive them. The dialogue box says Error: 150. Have tried both Restart & Shutdown to no avail. Do you have any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your MacBook? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Bought in May 2014. Restart and Shutdown.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

What sort of things?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 10 months ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

Your outgoing mail server settings may be set incorrectly or are faulting. May I ask who your email provider is? In other words, what comes after the @ sign in your email address?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Once connected, I will be able to quickly troubleshoot the problem and fix it.

Is it necessary to connect at this point? Would prefer not to ...

It is never necessary to do so. We can chat back and forth on this page and attempt to fix it. I only offered the remote as an option because most people prefer that option.

Okay. Which values do you have for in your Outgoing server setup?

So far, we have concluded that there was an "unknown error" and have no idea what caused it.

Put a check in the box that says, "Override default SMTP port", erase 25 and enter 465
- Once that is done save that, click Ok and try again.

Did that get it running?

If that doesn't work, change the number to 587 instead and test it once more.

Unfortunately, neither numbers made a difference ... still getting Error 150 for sending and still receiving emails ...

Have you contacted the email hosting company and verified that there are no problems with their server, they are not doing any maintenance, or anything along those lines?

No I haven't been in touch with them ... as I am in Greece at present and they are in Australia! It's very late here and I'm tired and as this doesn't look like a quick fix, I will leave now and make contact with my people in Australia and if possible sort it out that way.Thank you for trying. I appreciate your effort.All the best,
Nick

Thank you for the update, Nick.

That does sound like quite a hassle.

If you need any help tomorrow, please let me know.

Please, do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page. Thank you for that.

Thank you,

Jason

If there's anything I need you to do tomorrow ... I will be in touch.
Thanks,
Nick

You are most welcome. Thank you.

Is there anything else I can help you with today? If so, please let me know. If that is all for now, please do not forget to rate my help on top of this page.
Thank you,
Jason