Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Ipad is disabled, says to contact itunes, windows 10, not…

Customer Question
Ipad is disabled, says...

Ipad is disabled, says to contact itunes

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not that I can remember

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Can't troubleshoot, ipad is diabled

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Tell him the message I get on my ipad , ipad is diabled, connect to itunes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
9/27/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 10 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Was the passcode forgotten? Please try the following fix:

1. Open the iTunes program on your Windows 10 computer computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. (And cancel the iPad disabled prompt if prompted.)
  4. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  5. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  6. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    ; Note: You can click on the small down arrow icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress.

; Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Do you have the iTunes program installed on your computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

How is going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further; we guarantee our service. Thank you