Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My son gave me his iphone when he received a new one from…

Customer Question
My son gave me...

My son gave me his iphone when he received a new one from his employer last year. This morning I could not access the phone. It said "activation locked". I don't know how to reactivate and my son does not remember the password ***** activate. What can I do to activate?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

No recollection

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No. Have not

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Took phone to Verizon, my current carrier. He said go to apple shore if

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just thank you for any help you can offer.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
9/27/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

If you cannot remember your iCloud username and password, the only thing you can do in this situation is contact Apple. They will ask for proof that the iPhone is yours, but there are many ways they can achieve this, including checking the credit card it was purchased with. You can either visit your local Apple Store or call them. Would you like the phone number?