Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I want to completely restore my iPad. I can’t remember any…

Customer Question
I want to completely...

I want to completely restore my iPad. I can’t remember any passwords so just want to restore everything

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

I don’t remember

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Just today

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have tried resetting...tried to change password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No...thank you

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
9/27/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 10 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Due to apple's security now you can not just restore the ipad to stop it from asking you your password. Instead you have to do the following:

If you feel that you have forgotten your Apple ID password, please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

Then try and sign into the ipad once you have your password *****

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

But if you want to restore the ipad after you take care of the password ***** here is how:

On the ipad you can go to settings/general/reset/erase all content and settings and this will restart your ipad and restore it back to factory settings.

You can also do this in itunes if you would like see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.