Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How can I fix Voice over lock? Sorry on iPhone 7 plus. Phone…

Customer Question
How can I fix...

How can I fix Voice over lock?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Sorry on iPhone 7 plus

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Phone is locked and I can’t do anything

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

This happed before on my last iPhone, I know there are 2 keys to press together to unlock it - need assistance

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
9/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Speak to siri, and tell her to turn voice control or voice over off.

Then,

o deactivate Siri: Go to Settings → Siri, and then disable the toggle next to "Siri".
To deactivate "VoiceOver": Go to Settings → General → Accessibility → VoiceOver, and then disable the toggle next to "VoiceOver".

Then, complete these steps.

Go to settings
Select General
Select Accessibility
Select Home button
Under 'Press and hold to speak' select Off.

That will do the trick!

Please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you, without a 5 star rating submitted I am unpaid and unaccredited for my time and expertise.

Thank you,
Dustin S. Sr. Technician and Former Network Switching Systems Operator . Maintainer 31F1P

I havent heard back from you in a while, if my suggestions helped you please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to assist you.

If you still need help, dont hesitate to respond and I will continue to assist you.

If you no longer need help and my suggestions didnt help you, then let me know and Ill send you the refund link.

Thank you for your response,