Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Not recognizing external drive in imovie. Sierra 10.12.6. 1…

Customer Question
Not recognizing external drive...

Not recognizing external drive in imovie

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

Sierra 10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

1 month ago- tried guides

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
9/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 10 months ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

Are you able to access the files on the drive at all from any application?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Please, respond to me below.

Hey Jason- I'm using the external for backups on my mac, but it doesn't show up as a drive when I'm on imovie

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.