Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

The keyboard on the Pages screen is in the middle, not the…

Customer Question
The keyboard on the...

The keyboard on the Pages screen is in the middle, not the bottom. It covers the text. What did I do? And how do I fix it?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your computer? And have you had problems with this keyboard in the past?

No problems before. The iPad is an old one, but I'm not sure of the make and model. Where do I look to find out?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

This machine, no. But it's synced to one that just updated both Pages and Numbers. That iPad is not having problems.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Didn't know what to try. Never had the problem before. I tried the Help manual, but it didn't list "keyboard." Tried closing the document and waiting. Should I try shutting down completely and turning off the power?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Thanks, no. Just want to get the keyboard moved down.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 10 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

If you look at the lower right corner of the keyboard, you will see a small depiction of the keyboard. Tap and drag that icon up and down to position the keyboard. You can also split the keyboard so that it separates to the sides of the display to make it easier to hold and type with your thumbs.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you