Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have unknown error 0xE8000015 on my iPad, as well as iPad…

Customer Question
I have unknown error...

I have unknown error 0xE8000015 on my iPad, as well as iPad is disabled. How do I restart my iPad mini?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Upgraded to OS 11 last week

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPad? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It's a model A1600 bought maybe 2 years ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It's my wife's old iPad that she handed to me after buying an iPad Pro. It was set to restart with all current data transferred to the iPad Pro and reinitialized for me to start again. I mucked it up in trying to set up the fingerprint stuff

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
9/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 7 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. Open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    ; Note: You can click on the small down arrow icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress.

; Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk

- Do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Besides the iPad, do you also have a Windows or Mac computer? If yes, what's the make / model of your computer?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further; we can schedule a time. Thank you.

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech