Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just changed my apple ID but I left a letter out of the…

Customer Question
I just changed my...

I just changed my apple ID but I left a letter out of the e-mail address which I discovered when I didn't receive my verification and I went back and looked. Now what do I do?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?

1/2 and hour ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I gave them the wrong e-mail address. what possible troubleshooting could there be?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
9/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 10 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

You can change your Apple ID from your account page or from your iOS device with 10.3 or later.

From your Apple ID account page: Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in. In the Account section, click Edit. Under your Apple ID, click Change Apple ID.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Go to Settings > [your name] > Name, Phone Numbers, Email. Next to Reachable At, tap Edit > Delete. Tap Continue and follow the instructions you see.

Sign in with the email address that you entered when you set up your Apple ID for the first time.

Let me know if you face any problem in it.