Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I cannot update my apple watch. Yes iphone has ios 11. I…

Customer Question
I cannot update my...

I cannot update my apple watch. Yes iphone has ios 11

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

I have reset and turned off and on both devices

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not since the last one

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Turned the phone and watch off and then on reset the apple watch

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

The message i get am error has occurred installing the latest version of the watch os on your apple watch

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
9/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

I just tried to update the watch today. The IOS11 update on my phone was done 2 days ago
no do not want to connect remotely

What error return did it give you?

Thanks

Kris

it says the an error has occurred installing the latest version of the watch OS

Try these steps:

1. Make sure that your Apple Watch connects to its charger.
  2. Restart your Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button until you see Power Off, then drag the slider. To turn your watch on again, press and hold the side button.
  3. Restart your paired iPhone. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears, then drag the slider. To turn your iPhone on again, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button.
  4. Try to start the update again.

If the update won't start, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap General > Usage > Software Update, then delete the update file. After you delete the file, try to download and install watchOS again.

r u still there

Try these steps:

4. Try to start the update again.

If the update won't start, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap General > Usage > Software Update, then delete the update file. After you delete the file, try to download and install watchOS again